Lessons Learned

Instructional Technology – ICL – PYP – Project Zero – International Education

November 5, 2012

A Couple Shifted Practices

One of the goals for this blog is to share instructional and assessment strategies that really engage students in inquiry and project-based learning. Mark Hofer and I have the same goal for our Edtech Co-Op podcast and it is the same for the Adaptive and Innovative Practices blog that I write for my school.

I just posted to our school blog about a couple of project-based units that two of our teachers are doing. Instead of replicating those posts, here are links to them.

Unit on the Presidential Debates: Our students virtually teamed with students at another school to prepare and then debate in person.

Year Long Transfer Task for Teaching History: See how a history teacher combines the study of ancient societies with the transfer task of creating an alien civilization. I will be writing more about this innovative practice as the year progresses.

Correct Image Source (Thanks Ellie and to Dan for his photo)

1 Comment

1.   ellie — November 15, 2012 @ 5:28 pm    

FYI: the image source is actually http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangeacid/420493902/

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI