Communicating Understanding and Documenting Student Learning
Our First and Second Graders recently completed projects using ScreenChomp to create screencasts on their iPads. The learning goal for the students was to reflect to then communicate their responses to the essential questions from the units of inquiry they were completing. A big challenge was to visually represent their thinking about their learning and to communicate their answers to the questions in their second language (French, Spanish or Dutch).
The First Graders responded to the following questions from the People Around the World unit.
- What is my daily life like?
- How is my life similar to the lives of children in other countries?
- How is my life different to the lives of children in other countries?
The Second Graders responded to the following questions from the Weather unit.
- What is weather?
- What makes the weather change?
- How does weather affect peoples’ lives?
Here is an example of one student’s screencast.