My wife and I are fortunate to live near Washington, DC, especially for the museums and what they offer for educators. Our recent visit to the Phillips Collection connected to my wife’s upcoming series of field trips she is organizing for a student group at her high school to learn more about civil rights. After viewing the Migration Series on African American migration to the north, my wife is adding the Phillips to her list of learning places for the field trips.

An additional bonus is the Phillips Collection incredible art education resource site that offers strategies for art integration in an interdisciplinary approach to art education. The student-generated art and examples of conceptual understanding are lovely! The PRISM.K12 site contains thinking routines and exemplars of student application of their learning.

It was incredibly informative during our visit to see student work from several schools showing their responses to the instructional strategies. Look to follow the documentation on Twitter with #migrationexperience. 

Primary sources and research connect to our Information and Communications Literacies (ICL)approach to inquiry and how students on the Migration Series also engaged their ESPRAT+G during their learning journeys.

_________________________________________________

Art Integration (Lessons Learned)

Art Integration (Lessons Learned)

I have been a fortunate educator able to partner with art teachers on various projects. Here is a Lessons Learned review of some posts on the Innovative Practices blog during my time at Alexandria Country Day School.

Image SourcesPRISM.K12 | Strategies | Student Art